Because things have been pretty serious lately, here are the Top Ten Least Popular Presidential Campaign Promises courtesy of David Letterman’s top ten contest. Feel free to post some possible chart-breakers.
10. Promises to make Rosie O’Donnell “Goodwill Ambassador”
9. $2000 donation gets you a night in the Lincoln Bedroom. $25 donation gets you a hunting trip with Dick Cheney
8. To change the national anthem to “Funkytown”
7. Tax deductions for three or more wives (Mitt Romney only)
6. Iraq, the 51st state!
5. Jamba Juice stores to have “30% more Jamba”
4. Even more Law & Order marathons (Fred Thompson only)
3. Send me to the White House and win a free night in the Kucinich Bedroom
2. No new taxes, only higher older ones
1. New head of PETA: Michael Vick